Senior DevOps Engineer (Linux / AWS)
Permanent Job, Dublin City Centre
Very attractive salary/package
Job Reference: BBBH9814
Allen Recruitment are assisting a fast growing/expanding Big Data Software / SaaS provider in the financial sector source a Senior DevOps Engineer for their Dublin software development group.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to be a leading role in a fast growing company utilising the latest development technologies and techniques in build and maintain cutting edge Financial SaaS platform and tools.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer - what will I be doing?
- As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be part of a core team here in Dublin responsible for maintaining and securing technical infrastructure which supports internal development teams in both Dublin and USA.
- Working with leading-edge technologies, you will be required to learn quickly and provide active input into the future direction of the companies’ technology platform.
- You will plan the deployment of upgrades to core technology and will work with the Customer Services and Engineering teams to ensure a smooth transition for customers.
Education and Skills required:
- Degree educated in a Computer Science related discipline
- Experience in product operations support across a number Linux (Ubuntu) servers
- Experience in Amazon AWS Management Console (AWS EC2)
- Experience deploying and managing servers with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack (or similar)
- Expertise is at least one popular programming language (i.e. Python, Java, C++, Perl)
- Knowledge of any functional programming language (i.e. Haskell, Scala etc.) is desirable (not essential)
- Experience with deployment pipelines and how to automate processes
- Be available for on-call work (Mon – Fri) if/when required
As a Senior DevOps Engineer within a growing team, it is highly desirable that you also have the capacity to step into a Team Lead / Mentoring function as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an excellent tech driven company in growth phase.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today firstname.lastname@example.org