Job Title - Senior Oracle Developer /PL,SQL - Contract / Day Rate
Location - Dublin City
Job Type - Contract
Rate - very negotiable
Start Date - 3 weeks
Do you want to work with cutting edge Oracle projects in a fast paced dynamic culture. Are you a Senior PL/SQL Oracle Developer? Are you an expert in working with Oracle technologies? Have you experience working with large bespoke developments and high complexity in terms of number of lines of code and complex modules. The PL/SQL Developer must been through a legacy system refactoring that aimed to remove vendor lock in. Are you looking for a new 6 month contract with a top insurance firm working across multiple platforms in a dynamic and diverse business? If so get in touch with me today.
Senior PL/SQL Oracle Developers will design, code, test, correct and document large and/or complex programs and system modifications from agreed requirements and specifications using approved standards and tools, to achieve a high standard solution that addresses business objectives.
- Develop and code high quality solutions including documentation of all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Participate and own design and code reviews, promote knowledge sharing and all round team player
- Work with business analysts and business users to analyse and document requirements and problems, and identify available options and end-to-end solutions.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of the functional and technical components of associated systems.
- Prepare functional and technical specifications for system enhancements.
- Review and assist in development of requirements and technical specifications
- Design complex program modifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Carry out structured reviews, including reviews of technical solutions and software code.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Develop and code solutions including documentation of all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Mentor and lead team of development resources
- Provision of instructions, help and advice to other team members to develop their abilities and to enable them to increase their productivity
- Work with the Project Manager to deliver planned project activities to agreed timelines
- Arrange, prepare and conduct meetings, workshops and presentations
- 7-10 years analyst/development experience using Oracle technologies and covering the full development lifecycle, including working with business users and IT teams
- Experience working with a dispersed development team over a number of locations
- Experience working with Oracle DB & Forms versions 11g & 12c
- Proven experience of working effectively with technical and business stakeholders
- Target oriented with experience of delivering to strict milestones and/or service levels
- Excellent people and relationship skills with ability to negotiate and influence
Advanced knowledge of infrastructure and development tools including Oracle toolset
If this role sounds like its for you get in touch ASAP