Our client, a global oil trading company is looking to hire a Business Intelligence developer to work in their Dublin office. This BI Developer job is suited to someone with at least 5+ years’ experience within the data warehouse / business Intelligence domain. Key to this role is strong experience with the full MS BI Stack and Tableau. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join a rapidly growing multi-national company.
Responsibilities & Required Skills
Reporting services experience (3 years)
• Experience creating charts, drill through, drill down and sub reports.
• Experience creating reports in BIDS / Visual Studio based on SQL Server data connections using views, stored procedures and adhoc queries
• Experience creating reports in BIDS / Visual Studio based on SQL Server Analysis Services cubes using direct connections to cubes and adhoc MDX queries
• Experience Managing SQL Reporting Services Installations – security, report subscriptions, content management
SSIS experience covering: (3 years)
• SSIS 2008 & SSIS 2014
• Creating / Maintaining SSIS packages to load SQL Data Warehouses
• Package Configurations and Logging
SSAS experience covering: (3 years)
• Creating new and maintaining existing cubes
• Creating calculated measures, sets, role playing dimensions
• Creating Perspectives
General SQL Experience covering ( 3 years)
• Experience with SQL Server 2008, 2012/2014
• Creating and maintaining all SQL server objects – tables, views, stored procedures, functions
• SQL server maintenance plans
Tableau Desktop Experience (2 years)
• Creating reports and dashboards based on Excel, Local Tableau Data Extracts, Tableau server based data extracts, live connections to SQL Databases and SSAS Cubes
• Building Calculated fields, calculated members and parameters
• Data Blending
• Experience with transactional replication
• Experience working with triggers
• Experience of working with Tableau server:
• Security, content management, data extracts
• Report subscription generation through Tabcmd
• Microsoft Certified in Business Intelligence will be added advantage.
• Strong analytical -must be able to elicit requirements from both technical & non technical users
• Excellent time management skills – must be able to prioritise / re-evaluate tasks and have flexible approach to work to change tasks depending on business needs
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience working within a team and remote environment
• Self-starter, cooperative, flexibility.
• Ability to display appropriate level of autonomy
• Ability to seek appropriate level of feedback.
• Be a quick learner with the ability to work under pressure
If you believe you, or somebody you know, could be the right BI Developer for this job, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000