Ammeon is a services and solutions partner that helps organisations grasp the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and deliver real transformational change to improve and accelerate enterprise-scale businesses.
Our end-to-end consulting, learning and technology services enable our customers to derive value from DevOps, Cloud and related fields. We’re 100% dedicated to overcoming DevOps and Cloud challenges – it’s in our DNA.
We believe the future should never leave our customers behind and we are committed to realising this vision. If this sounds good to you – join us.
We are hiring a Delivery Manager to be the Delivery Lead of our engagements with some of our key customers.
About the role:
Reporting to the Ammeon Head of Delivery you will play a leadership role with responsibility for the delivery of engagements to some of our key customers with the objective of achieving successful outcomes for both our customers and for Ammeon. Ideal candidates are strong leaders, excellent communicators and mentors, as well as advocates of modern agile software development practices that deliver high quality solutions; continuous integration, test, deployment practices and tool sets.
You will lead a large team of talented engineers delivering high quality, scalable solutions. Candidates will need to spend a significant amount of time in Dublin to collaborate with other stakeholders. There will also be a reasonable amount of Customer Travel as things evolve.
- Lead the Delivery Management of the existing services engagements based on supply of competent people and teams.
- This entails certain levels of Customer Management; People/Line Management; Profit & Loss Management.
- Working with Propositions, Sales and Delivery teams in order to maintain and extend the scope of the services that Ammeon deliver, Delivery-related and Operations-related.
- Working with Sales, Partners and Customers to maintain and increase the number of SOW based engagements with customers.
- Working with Delivery Operations in projecting Resource/Skills requirements based on the identified and proposed engagement opportunities.
- Working with customers to establish Cost/Timeline/Resource implications associated with provision of non-standard services.
- Working with Competence Managements, Recruitment and HR functions to ensure appropriate supply of skilled people.
- Managing Customer Satisfaction and quality reporting.
- Managing P&L for all engagements.
- Lead in the development and delivery of large scale, complex engagements.
- Coordinate projects that span multiple teams.
- Mentor, coach, and develop a high performing team, that includes both development and test engineers.
- Define, implement and track metrics to report on team efficiency and team utilisation.
- Work with customers to ensure clients achieve successful outcomes.
- Keep stakeholders updated throughout the engagement cycle.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about software based engagements and developing and building strong engineering based teams.
- Maintains their knowledge at practitioner level in order to be able to engage effectively with their team when assessing technical implications of critical issues.
- Must possess a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10 or more years of experience with engagements based on commercial software development and implementation.
- Minimum 7 years of management experience building and leading large engineering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to provide vision and direction to engineering teams (motivate and inspire).
- In-depth understanding and experience with software principles and practices
- Proven experience in retrofitting Agile practices (refactoring, test driven development, etc.) to an existing organisation.
- Dedicated to producing quality solutions through best practices of continuous integration, test, and deployment.
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are critical to the role.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience guiding high performing teams with demonstrated ability to evaluate and develop talent.
- A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments with deep dive analytical skills.
- Experience working in a delivery environment.
- Must be very comfortable operating at a macro level while still being 'hands on' where required.
- Proven record of bringing in complex programmes and projects on time, quality and budget.
Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.