Data Warehouse and BI Developer
Our client is a leading global provider of reinsurance and insurance. A career with our client offers the chance to be in the forefront of risk management. They currently have a Data Warehouse and BI Developer role available in Dublin.
Including but are not limited to:
• Development and maintenance of tools and applications in appropriate technologies to best serve
• Development of SQL databases enhancements
• Development of SQL Server Reporting Services reports
• Maintenance and enhancement of existing SSIS ETL and SSAS cubes
• Ensuring stability, integrity, accuracy, timeliness and usability of existing data resources.
• Collaboration with all stakeholders in establishing, refining, and documenting database and other
• Supporting the applications through their lifecycle of testing, deployment, operation, user
training, maintenance, and enhancement.
• Using specialist knowledge to inform the team’s technical decisions
• Contributing to the review, selection, and adoption of proprietary and third party solutions.
• Ensuring compliance with relevant company standards and guidelines.
• Contributing to the technological and methodological direction of software within the investments
team and the company as a whole
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• Microsoft certification an advantage.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience reports\cubes\datasets in a MS SQL Server, including
knowledge of the suite of Microsoft tools supporting MS SQL Server including SSRS, SSAS & SSIS.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 database design/development experience (T-SQL)
• ETL skills through T-SQL (including dynamic SQL) and/or SSIS
• SSAS knowledge
• Proven knowledge and understanding of good database administration principles.
• Scripting and automation experience a distinct advantage
• Excellent analytic, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Solid documentation skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge! Please contact Stephen Waters on 01 662 1000.