Create the technology of tomorrow
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours?
As a Software Engineer Manager, you will lead a team of talented software developers working on the Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) project. DPDK is an open source project hosted at http://dpdk.org that provides software libraries to accelerate packet processing workloads, and is used in a wide range of communications applications including telecommunications infrastructure, security appliances and routers.
This position requires a combination of strong people and project management skills, technical awareness and the ability to collaborate effectively with teams in locations around the world to achieve results.
- Honours degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience in people & performance management of technical teams.
- Experience in management of complex software projects from concept exploration through to customer delivery.
- Experience of communications & networking technologies and products.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with global teams and to manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with open source software communities would be an advantage.
What We Offer You
When you come to work at Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure—we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored. We also offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay (including bonuses)
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- The flexibility you need to achieve balance