About the Role:
To support our fast growth and ambitious international expansion, we are hiring a Product Champion / Product Owner to join our team in the historic heritage town of Roscrea, Ireland. We are looking for a person with 1-3 years' experience in a similar role, or with experience as a Business Analyst / Systems Analyst, who is enthusiastic and passionate about our mission: simplifying and digitalising farm information and processes to help farmers all over the world, via easy to use, high-quality and innovative software solutions. If you have relevant experience and share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
As a Product Champion / Product Owner, you will be joining the team that is building our marketleading SaaS app & platform. Working alongside our scrum masters and development teams, you will be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the user stories generated by yourself and the team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product. You will understand customers' pains and challenges, empathize with their problems, and own getting those problems solved with whatever means most effective, product or otherwise.
* Understand and communicate our customers' problems/challenges clearly
* Educate the teams you work with on the customers' problems, work with those teams to solve these problems.
* Communicate the product roadmap to all relevant stakeholders, and work with account managers to ensure that customers are kept informed of what we are delivering for them.
* Own & prioritise the backlog and ensure that workload is appropriately split between new core functionality, technical debt and bug fixing.
* Plan & facilitate user story workshops with the technical team to: Create user stories at a level which allows the technical team to breakdown the tasks required to meet the requirements, Ensure the technical team fully understand the stories they will deliver.
* Review technical team tasks to ensure that they satisfy the user stories.
* Work with the technical team to ensure realistic timescales are issued and met for software delivery. Maintain the roadmap as timescales come to light.
* Support the development team as required with clarifications throughout the development process.
* Influence the Herdwatch management team to optimise the overall strategy for the future direction of the software.
* Maintain awareness of Agile best practice and where appropriate, work with technical team to implement working practices that facilitate timely delivery of software.
Skills/ Experience Required:
* Fluent spoken and written English.
* 1-3 years' experience working as Product Champion / Product Owner or similar in a software or hardware product development environment.
* Previous roles have included aspects of Business Analysis and/or Systems Analysis - knowledge of UX design concepts would also be an asset.
* An understanding of farming is not essential on day one, but any experience of working with farmers would be an asset, in particular sheep farming.
* Your communication skills are excellent and you have the ability to explain technical concepts to commercial people and vice versa.