Our data & analytics portfolio is expanding and we are seeking a seasoned consultant to join the team.
As a data engineer working with clients, you may work independently, or lead small teams of developers, elaborating system architecture into technical specifications, and providing guidance and oversight to developers as they work to build data & analytics solutions on the MS Azure platform. You will take the lead on task estimation, setting development best practices and ensuring that the team complies with standards.
Our projects are diverse, e.g. data migrations, building out data lakes and data storage, setting up Power BI for self-service reporting across an enterprise, building AI platforms for machine learning. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about data, can explain complex ideas in a simple way, and is comfortable with change and the demands of a senior role and the level of accountability that brings.
- Project experience with Azure components such as ADF, Databricks, Synapse, Azure Analysis Services, Logic Apps
- Translate Business requirements into Technical specifications
- Create and maintain Technical documentation
- Design and implement end to end ETL pipelines and BI solutions
- Ability to create solution prototypes where needed to investigate new approaches
- Guide development teams in the design and build of solutions
- Develop proposals for new projects to new and existing clients: providing demos, designing solutions and providing estimates
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate (DP-200 & DP-201)
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience being accountable for technical delivery to clients/ business users
- Experience with Scrum, and providing inputs into Definition of Ready, Definition of Done, Sprint Goals, and task estimation