As Technology Manager with their client in central Dublin you will provide line management to their technology team and sound technical leadership in all aspects of their business. You will communicate with team members, and stakeholders to ensure their company’s technologies are used appropriately, using their internal customers as the conduit for the voice of the ultimate customer, who is always the most important judge of their performance.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are important in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends, but also familiar with a variety of business concepts. We love innovation and excellent systems, but there must always be a focus on business outcomes, and you need to be a good communicator.
Overseeing the technical unit of their company will lead to multifaceted and varied job duties. Therefore, all of these roles and responsibilities will be at a high level and involve some degree of leadership, management, and decision-making.
- Work with a team to establish the mission and vision for the technological arm of a company.
- Set the direction for the team by advocating for important technical projects, programs, and directions.
- Use strategic thinking and assess the status of various aspects of technology to improve for the future.
- Lead and assign the technical team to projects, both technical and business facing.
- Conducts regular Vendor Management reviews with the Key Vendors.
- Conducts regular Project Management reviews in relation to the technology team’s projects.
- Conducts regular meetings with the Head of IT to provide updates and presentations of the work of the technology team.
- Provide leadership to the team through professional development activities.
- Managing a high performing technology team consisting of Data and Application Architects ensuring they have strong direction and standards
- Informing the company’s strategy for using technological resources
- Ensuring existing technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Evaluating and implementing the technology aspects of new systems and infrastructure
- Day to day management of the technology team within IT
- Working with the IT Programme Manager to ensure technical resources are available and performing well on business focused projects
- Drive recognised IT standards and principles for application and data architecture within the team
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure security, functionality and efficiency
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s IT strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover, suggest and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help ensure departments have appropriate technology and the means to use it profitably
- Build and supervise quality assurance processes for technical deliveries
- Work with Service Delivery Manager to Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to vendors and internal customers
- Proven experience in a technology leadership role
- Knowledge of technological trends to build technical strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organisational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Fast learning skills. Should have a good grasp on multiple aspects of technology. However, it is impossible to know everything, especially in the world of rapid change. Therefore, know when, what, and how to learn quickly.
- Independent worker skills. The Technology Manager will have independence in the work day, priorities, and how they help to carry out the mission of the IT team and wider company. Additionally, they need to be ethical in work and commit to working an appropriate level without direct supervision.
- Innovative skills. Technology constantly changes. The technology Manager needs to have the courage to be innovative. Also, should have the knowledge of research and development to know which innovations are likely to succeed.
- Leadership skills. This position sets the leadership tone for everyone who works on technical deliveries for the company. Thus, valuing the input of stakeholders and team members, and setting a strong work ethic and excellent line-management are key.
- Getting their Hands Dirty: The Technology Manager will relish the chance to rise to challenges and will get his or her hands dirty.
Other IT Skills, Languages & Tools (Advantage)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management, Negotiation and Influencing Skills, Multi-Vendor Management, Team Management and Mentoring, Risk Management, Task and Time Organisation.
- IT Tools: Atlassian JIRA/Confluence, Microsoft Office: Project, SharePoint, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Explorer, Skype, WebEx.