At Sogeti Ireland, we work with our clients to deliver solutions that meet their business needs. We are currently seeking a Performance Engineer to join our testing team and who also can formulate the test strategy, identify performance testing tools and test the applications from a performance stand point.
We are seeking an experienced tester/engineer with a minimum of 6 years experience in performance testing and working with performance tools. You will possess an eye for improvement, experience in developing strategy along with being comfortable with understanding of the big Data context. You will be able to define an overarching Test Strategy to assure performance broadly across the Data program with a focus on Automation and DevOps Integration
- Performance test strategy definition
- Identify performance tools to be leveraged
- tune infrastructure to support right sizing of clusters, AWS
- Verify Data processing performance.
- Assess Data persistence & query performance.
- Verify performance of interfaces to view, analyze and report data.
- Degree requirement
- 6 – 8 Years previous experience
- Awareness of Performance infrastructure needs to support load testing in a Big Data context
- Extensive experience using JMeter
- Strong Programming experience in at least two of the following: Groovy, Bash, Java and Python
- Good understanding of Snowflake, Power BI, Calibra, Nifi, Wherescape
- Working knowledge on NiFi, AWS CLI to ingest various data formats (XML, SMTP messages, json, dat)
- Experience using Monitoring and diagnostic tools such as Dynatrace and Datadog
Able to define an overarching Test Strategy to assure performance broadly across the Data program with a focus on Automation and DevOps Integration
Practical experience performance testing in AWS (EKS, RDS and EC2) & a Big Data Context
Ability to Performance engineer, model and tune AWS environments
Identity performance tooling and best practices to support the above