Head of Information Security
My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. They are currently on the lookout for a Head of Information Security to join their team based in Dublin 2. You should be able to articulate the business risk of all information security threats to a non-technical audience and will educate both Senior Management and employees as a whole. You will be responsible for leading team of ISOs who are focussed on governance, prevention and detection activities. The Office of the ISO provides centralised oversight and management of Information Security. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to grow a team and create a dynamic and proactive information security environment.
• Lead, develop and implement the information security strategy and plan.
• Lead and build a high performing team of Information Security specialists
• Establish, implement and maintain an Information Security Management System, ensure it is documented, readily available and communicated to the entire Bank.
• Full ownership and management of information security risks include articulating to ExCo to ensure awareness of their governance responsibilities.
• Provide strong leadership and support, i.e. awareness and assistance, to Senior Management and all line management for Information Security Governance and Management
• Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues.
• Lead and drive the culture where all staff are aware of their information security responsibilities
• Coordinating internal ISMS audits at planned intervals with regular KPI metrics and reporting to ExCo on performance of the ISMS and material IS risks
• Responsible for recording actions and events that could impact the effectiveness or performance of the ISMS
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to Risk Appetite and for identifying the need to amend the appetite, as required i.e. as a result of evolving strategies.
• Overall responsibility for the banks Security Operation Centre (SOC) and its service catalogue, including but not limited to:
• Security Operations Centre regarding critical monitoring and controls.
• Information Security Incident Response
• Log Management
• Vulnerability scanning, reporting and management
• Application of Dedicated Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection
• Threat Intelligence
• Ensuring appropriate measures and related management procedures are implemented to protect information overall methods of connectivity.
• Line management responsibility for IT Security domain personnel
• Ensure IT Security requirements are captured, planned and implemented re change projects
• Manage outsourced vendor relationships & performance to the required standard
Skills and experience:
• Previous proven experience working at the strategic level while ensuring the delivery of strategic initiatives
• Extensive understanding of information security and keeps up to date with the latest and emerging cybersecurity threats
• The successful candidate will typically have 10+ years’ experience within similar senior risk management and security roles
• Strong leadership experience building, managing and coaching high performing teams
• Creates a positive work environment that supports professional and career development, values team work and celebrates success.
• Proven ability in mitigating and preventing risk to information security
• Has in-depth knowledge of current and emerging cybersecurity threats and how these will potentially affect the company
• Relevant information security related credentials would be beneficial, (CISM, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, etc.)
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)