Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master
An Irish Software Development company are looking for an experienced Agile Project Manager to work with their growing team of Software Engineers. The main purpose of this role is to guide and support an agile team of software engineers working to an agile methodology, delivering business critical projects for our customers whilst maintaining good team morale.
• Lead, inspire and motivate a small team of software engineers in the creation of high-quality software to agreed project deadlines.
• Actively promote an agile mindset and a positive working environment for the team.
• Mentor and coach all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban) values, practices and rules.
• Drive continuous improvement practices within your team, e.g. reviews and retrospectives.
Agile Project Management Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with the Product Owner (PO), Business Analyst (BA) and Technical Team Lead (TTL) to ensure a well-groomed backlog of requirements is available for the development team.
• Support and educate the customer PO’s, especially around the grooming and maintenance of Product Backlogs.
• Responsible for accurate reporting of financial performance of sprints and overall projects
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and team-based release planning.
• Working with a team of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) and BA staff, assess the performance of the team and establish a pace of development that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
• Work with the team to define sprint targets and then work closely with the team to ensure delivery of sprint targets and team commitments.
• B.Sc/B.Eng or greater in a computing, engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years in a software engineering environment.
• A minimum of 3 years proven experience in agile project management, leading a software development team that was applying agile principles, practices, and theory.
• Proven experience developing an agile mindset in yourself and others.
• Proven experience in recognising issues, risks and dependencies in all phases of an agile project and applying appropriate mitigation strategies.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)