We make it strangely simple for businesses to talk to clients, customers and colleagues, wherever they are. This is global communication redefined, free from the tyranny of PSTN lines.
Voxbone is the best-kept secret in cloud communications, but we’re ready for our close up! That’s where you come in. As we spread the word and bring more customers aboard, we need a Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team in Dublin.
You will be responsible for the higher layer of our infrastructure and will take end-to-end ownership of their design, implementation, monitoring and solve issues when they arise. The production environment you will be responsible for will span over the multiple POPs we have around Europe, the Americas and Asia.
You will work with development teams to advise, guide and push back when necessary on the various technological decisions we need to make. You will also be involved with our Product team to make sure the Service Level Objectives defined for our product are translated into how you architect our systems.
You are part of a highly skilled and trained team with a vast variety of responsibilities and broad knowledge. You’ll be working with other SREs and Platform engineers but also Network and Switching Engineers and in close relation with architects, project managers, product owners, developers and NOC members. You have a transversal view on all Voxbone projects and could be involved in design discussions from other team’s projects as well.
Because machines never sleep, you also take part in an on-call rotation to solve problems at night and you propose solutions for them to break at night a lot less.
You’ll work as part of a team of people across San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, London, Brussels, Iasi, Seoul and Hong Kong.
What does your day look like?
You’ll function as a member of an SRE team, creating bridges with development teams and product teams by advocating good practices, optimizing performance and providing guidance to the most effective solution. You ensure the solution meets all the requirements for availability, security, monitoring, alerting and scaling. You automate, test, challenge and demand to be challenged. You believe in “strong opinions, weakly held” and you’re eager to learn.
You have a very strong knowledge of Linux, ansible and git. On top of those basics, you can check several boxes of the list below:
● Relational databases
○ MariaDB (+ galera)
● Messaging and streaming
● ELK stack
○ OpenStack ecosystem
○ SDS (Ceph, Swift)
○ SDN (OVS/OVN, Cisco ACI)
● HA/Service discovery
To bring the win, you’ll have…
- Master degree in IT or equivalent by experience
- At least three years’ experience in the IT industry
- More than at ease with Linux systems & services
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages like bash, Python & others
- Recognized knowledge of SQL, database operations and virtualization
- Experience with database management and storage systems
- You care about Security
- Self-motivation – your team can rely on you to get the job done
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- You have great communications skills
- You are creative and able to work in a highly critical situation
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, any other languages are always an asset
- Strong identification with Voxbone’s Strangely Simple Principles
Sound good? We’re offering…
- A fantastic working environment from our bright, modern and serviced office in We Work Dublin, Ireland, adjacent to the beautiful Stephens Green
- An opportunity to work with a diverse workforce from across 34 nationalities, in a vibrant, energetic and friendly - atmosphere
- Competitive salary and perks
- Meet-up and travel opportunities for knowledge exchange
- Healthy snacks and drinks including fancy coffee for caffeine addicts
- Communication allowance
Because we care
Voxbone is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Voxbone are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.