At Voxbone, now part of Bandwidth, we’re connecting businesses across the world with our
enterprise voice communications platform. We’re looking for folks with Java experience to come
and join us to build world class data-driven systems and applications for our customers.
Voxbone and Bandwidth live for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google,
Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in
technology. With development centres in the US and Europe, we’re creating a technology
platform to revolutionise the way companies use VoIP for business.
You will join one of our small multi-disciplinary teams that are collaborating on great user
experiences for our customers and internal users. Each team has members located across
Europe, working together in synchronous & asynchronous patterns. We are looking for people
ready to innovate in an area with complex challenges and work together on high-quality
dependable integrated solutions. For this position we are looking for people near our locations in
Dublin, Ireland, or Iași, Romania.
What you will do
● Build robust, manageable and scalable back-ends in Java & Spring Boot, and intuitive
front-end applications in Angular 10+.
● Develop new features and optimize existing ones from end-to-end.
● Work with your teammates to analyse and break down desired product goals into small
● Work closely with product management and other stakeholders to create integrated
● Help maintain our legacy applications, mainly using Java 8 & JSF, leaving the codebase
in a better state after each visit, and working to decommission these as needed.
● When problems and bugs arise, quickly tackle the issue and create automatic tests to
avoid the problem again in the future.
● Proactively look for ways to make Voxbone & Bandwidth better.
Who you are
Developers in our community with this role typically have these attributes:
● Proficiency in building Java-Hibernate-Spring apps and experience with Spring Boot.
● Understanding of software engineering concepts such as: common data structures and
algorithms, design patterns, database concepts, etc.
● A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance, knowledge of test automation
● Experience designing and implementing REST services in production systems.
● Comfortable working in a pull/merge request approach, with automated CI pipelines, and
deploying to distributed compute environments.
● Enjoy working in highly collaborative teams, sharing details of issues and progress, and
helping the team continually improve.
● Able to communicate clearly in English.
Little Extra From You
We’re looking for people who are curious and want to learn. We know each job is different and
uses different tools and technologies. If you have experience with any of the following we’d love
to hear more about it!
● Building high traffic applications in Java 8 & 11, Spring Boot, and Hibernate.
● Creating user interfaces for enterprise customers in Angular or another JS framework.
● Using message and job queuing services, like RabbitMQ, for coordination, task
scheduling and event driven design.
● Directly querying and managing table design in SQL databases like MySQL/MariaDB.
● Building highly distributed data stores and transformation pipelines using tools like
Cassandra, Kafka, and ELK.
● Deploying production applications on platforms such as Docker, Openshift, or core AWS
services such as EC2 & Lambda.
Little Extra for You
At Voxbone, we’re pretty proud of our culture, and now as part of Bandwidth we’re taking
inspiration from the Bandwidth “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they
can have meaningful work and a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward
enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
● You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know.
We’ll fix it.
● We provide generous health insurance packages, offer emergency childcare, and run
wellness schemes virtually and in-person including fitness classes, yoga, and mental
health wellbeing training.
● We celebrate differences and work hard to create diverse and welcoming teams, where
people can be their authentic selves.
● We arrange opportunities to give back to the local community through volunteering,
charitable donations, and outreach programmes.
● To help you learn and grow in your role we provide focused training and learning
opportunities and dedicated time for ongoing professional development.
● You’ll work with people across Europe and the world, and we bring people together to
celebrate our accomplishments and build lasting relationships.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with a diverse workforce from across 34 nationalities.
- Competitive salary and perks
- Meet-up and travel opportunities for knowledge exchange
- Healthy snacks and drinks including fancy coffee for caffeine addicts
- Communication allowance
- Health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Company devices and goodies
- Regular social events and (unforgettable) company events… we’re a fan of fun!
Because We care...
Voxbone is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Voxbone are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.