Job Title: Scrum Master
FRS Recruitment are delighted to announce a new fantastic opportunity with our client based in Galway. If you are a self-motivated and dynamic Scrum Master, we are interested in speaking with you!
* Supporting and protecting teams using a servant leadership style
* Guiding the team on Agile/Scrum practices and using empirical evidence to direct on continuous improvement
* Coaching the team to be self organising and cross functional to achieve higher levels of maturity
* Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
* Facilitating scrum events, discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
* Managing expectations and effectively mediating between the team and key stakeholders.
* Supporting new joiners to quickly immerse with team practices
* Cultivating a culture to feel comfortable voicing questions, concerns and ideas that drive team improvements, and where failing fast and learning is encouraged
* Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
* Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
* Supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and roadmap
* Personifies and promotes Agile values and principles
* Scrum certification.
* At least 2 years' experience as a Scrum Master role for a software development team that diligently applied agile methodology
* Strong mentorship skills and the ability to understand and develop key aspects of collaboration and self and social awareness in the team
* Skilled in servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement and empowerment
* Experience with; User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
* Experience and techniques in ways to make work visible
* Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach e.g. User Story Mapping, Retrospective formats.
* Ability to coach on methods of translating UX requirement gathering approach into a workable backlog