About the job
We design, install and support IT solutions for a wide range of small to medium business customers. Ranging in size from 2 users through to a full scale enterprise installation including network access control and wide area networking.
In addition to the onsite hardware, there are monitoring, management and reporting systems which we maintain and strive to improve. As the customer base grows we seek to deliver better service, faster, through automation and operational efficiencies. We believe that there is always room for improvement.
As we are a small operation, the role offers greater opportunity than most for development as you will be exposed to all aspects of the business. From onsite troubleshooting and issue resolution to planning of new implementations and technologies there is huge scope to make your unique mark while working within a supportive framework.
In any given week you will have the opportunity to work with many different products and technologies and adding new skills is a daily occurrence.
Training and mentorship is provided and a fresh viewpoint valued.
- Strong, practical networking knowledge across all the OSI Layers
- Hands-on knowledge of routers, firewalls (Fortinet / SonicWALL), switches and access points
- Understanding of monitoring systems and network automation principles
- Experience with Microsoft365 - implementation, installation and support.
- Knowledge of working with virtualised systems - both cloud and onsite
- An ability to work remotely and communicate with customers effectively to resolve issues.
- A hacker (in the positive sense!) mindset with an ability to create good solutions
- Appreciation of developing & maintaining good IT security habits
- Scripting skills
- Microsoft Certification an advantage;
- MD-100 & MD-101 - Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- MS900 - Microsoft365 Certified: Fundamentals