About the job
We design, install and support networking solutions for a wide range of hospitality and enterprise customers. Ranging in size from a handful of Wi-Fi access points through to a full scale enterprise installations including network access control and wide area networking.
In addition to the onsite hardware, there are monitoring, management and reporting systems which we maintain and strive to improve. As the customer base grows we seek to deliver better service, faster, through automation and operational efficiencies. We believe that there is always room for improvement.
As we are a small operation, the role offers greater opportunity than most for development as you will be exposed to all aspects of the business. From onsite troubleshooting and issue resolution to planning of new implementations and technologies there is huge scope to make your unique mark while working within a supportive framework.
In any given week you will have the opportunity to work with many different products and technologies and adding new skills is a daily occurrence.
Training and mentorship is provided and a fresh viewpoint valued.
- Strong, practical networking knowledge across all the OSI Layers
- Hands-on knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches and access points
- Understanding of monitoring systems and network automation principles
- Experience with a wide variety of Windows, MacOS, Linux systems
- Knowledge of working with virtualised systems - both cloud and onsite
- Understanding of Wi-Fi principles
- An ability to work remotely and communicate with customers effectively to resolve issues.
- A hacker (in the positive sense!) mindset with an ability to create good solutions
- Appreciation of developing & maintaining good IT security habits
- Scripting skills
- Certification an advantage (CWNA etc.) but not if you can demonstrate your abilities!