The Senior Security Analyst role sits within our Security Operations Centre and will be joining an exciting and growing part of the business, involved in managing & maintaining security in client environments. This role is perfect for someone who has experience as an analyst in CIRT.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will be focused on advanced analysis, diving deep into host systems and packets hunting for attackers. You will be contributing to deliver high impact and value to some of the core services within SOC, protecting our customers from threats that are continuously evolving.
- Respond to security incidents escalated by Level 2 analysts and react appropriately to protect Internal and Customer assets
- Responsible for configuration of enterprise security log sources into the SIEM solution
- Develop and implement appropriate security incident management and incident response processes
- Perform proactive tuning and continuous improvement of correlation rules
- Provide deep investigation support during incident response
- Record and document findings obtained from incident response
- Provide guidance and suggestions for specific hunt missions and assist in their execution when required
- Conduct technical workshops and service meetings with the customers on potential threats
- Continuously assess current state of security monitoring and recommend improvements
- Availability for out of hours support during ongoing incident response
- 5 Years minimum experience working in IT/IS
- 3 years minimum experience working in a Security Operations Centre
- Third level degree in Information Security or IT related field; or equivalent experience
- In-depth technical understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
- Understanding and experience with cyber incident response methodologies
- Understanding of network devices such as firewalls, IPS & network packet capture tools.
- Good knowledge of network and server security products, technologies, and protocols
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Show capacity to break down problems into constituent parts and flexibility to handle several issues simultaneously
- Team player, willing to work together with colleagues to reach the best outcomes as well as capacity to work on your own initiative.
- Passionate about security with professional mind set
- Experience of SIEM technology, ideally QRadar, Sentinel or LogRhythm
- Network knowledge such as Firewall, IPS/IDS, Routing/Switching
- Infrastructure knowledge such as Hypervisor, Databases, Cloud (Azure/AWS)
- Experience of Forensics tools such as Encase, Sleuth kit, Redline & FTK Imager
- Security certifications (GCIH, CySA+, CISM or similar) preferred
- Good customer facing skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Kate Maher or Michal Gawronski in Evros Technology Group directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, color, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.