itContracting are currently seeking applicants of behalf of our client, a leading financial services company, for a Middleware Support Specialist. This is a permanent position based in Waterford, with the option for part-time remote work available also.
The Middleware Specialist will work as part of a team responsible for supporting highly available intranet/ internet websites to ensure performance, availability and stability of the systems.
The successful candidate will be required to perform web application support and builds (Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, IIS, Apache etc.) as well as consulting and analysis. The candidate must work well within a dynamic environment and have strong ability to understand complex technical aspects of Web Middleware technologies
The successful candidate will also be expected to provide out-of-hours support (patches, updates etc.) as part of the team, which will include ad-hoc weekend work in the near future, so flexibility is a must.
- New builds, deploying, configuring and tuning of Web applications on Windows (Windows Server 2008/12/16) and Unix (Solaris 10/AIX/Linux)
- Support Web Middleware application infrastructure on Unix and Windows
- Participate in weekly change rotations
- Participate in weekly production on-call (after hours) rotations
- Provide administration and management of Web Hosting environments
- Effective troubleshooting problems impacting a deployed hosting solution
- Appeal to vendor support, when applicable (open tickets, confirm supportability for new solutions)
- Create and maintain documentation in support of infrastructure on a daily basis
- Maintain a client focus while achieving balance between business needs and technology requirements
- Strive to achieve quality results and right solutions
- Maintain and develop efficient operational practices
- Gather, analyze and assess new requirements whether steady state activities or new initiatives
- Maintain and analyze server performance
- Participate in coordinating and scheduling web middleware upgrades
- Preparation of deployments and execution of web middleware products (Apache/ WebLogic/ IIS etc.)
- System capacity planning and maintenance is a key aspect of this role
- University Degree/ College Diploma in related discipline(s) or equivalent work experience, and/or 2+ years in IT industry experience
- 1-2 years of Oracle WebLogic experience (10.x or greater)
- 1-2 years of IBM WebSphere experience
- 1-3 years of IIS experience
- 1-3 years Apache/ Tomcat/ ColdFusion experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of e-commerce web development experience using Java/J2EE/.NET
- Excellent Unix (Solaris/ AIX/ Linux) experience
- Excellent Windows Web Server 2008/2012/2016 admin experience
- Excellent analytical skills and communication skills with the ability to ask probing questions to understand the various concepts presented/ discussed
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Competitive base salary
- 22 Days Annual Leave increasing to 25 based on length of service
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- % discretionary bonus plan based on company and individual performance
- 100% Private Health Insurance cover for employee and 50% family members from date of hire
- Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave, Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement for Gym/ Club membership annually
- PT Study Assistance Programme inclusive of Masters Programme
- S&S Club, Wellness programme, GP Scheme, Flu Vaccines, Eye Care Scheme offering lots of discounted events and classes
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.