IT Service Support
Our client is Ireland's longest established stockbroking firm with roots dating back to 1874. As well as being one of the leading institutional brokers and corporate finance houses, they are one of the largest wealth management firms in Ireland. Over the years, they have gained considerable knowledge and expertise in Irish and International investment markets and established a reputation built on expertise, innovation and most importantly trust.
They are looking for an IT Services Support Specialist to come and join the team.
* Report directly to the IT Service Delivery Manager
* Always represent our client in a professional manner, promoting a positive image for the department and building strong working relationships with their clients.
* Act as the first point of contact for all IT issues / queries across all supported platforms
* Provide 1st and 2nd level support on all IT Issues / queries across all supported platforms (hardware & software) via both remote connections and desk side visits
* Assist in the operation of an efficient IT Service Support mailbox through which users can log all IT issues
* Log, track & update all calls received via phone & email using our client's IT Service Support call logging tool.
* Attend daily & weekly meetings with IT Service Support team to highlight issues and identify trends
* Update and maintain a detailed documentation database which forms the support hub for our client's IT Service Support team
* Communicate all major service outages to the client business via email and ensure users are kept informed on the outage right through till resolution
* Liaise with internal teams and 3rd party providers in relation to IT issues / queries on infrastructure, applications etc.
* Flexibility to remain onsite after rostered hours to ensure resolution of key issues if required
* Assist with Desk Moves, Power Downs etc.
* Assist IT with projects, key initiatives as required
* Be available to facilitate out of hours work i.e. Weekday, Weekends and/or public/bank holidays as required
* 1-2 years prior experience in a similar role
* Strong understanding of the concept of troubleshooting with experience in investigating, identifying, replicating and resolving issues on a vast array of hardware and software platforms
* Knowledge and experience of providing high quality customer service to a diverse user base
* Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and administration of Windows OS
* Working knowledge of the administration & use of industry standard email platforms e.g. Microsoft Outlook / Office365
* Working knowledge and experience in the Microsoft Office suite of products i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
* Working knowledge of ITIL level call logging tools and experience in managing call queue and workloads within same.
* Working knowledge of IT Service Desk tools for remote issue resolution e.g. RDP etc.
* Computer Science related degree essential or relevant experience.
Reference No.: 919964
Role: IT Service Support
Industry: Financial Services
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent