Senior Software Engineer - AWS Cloud
We have a unique opportunity to join a well-established Global leader with a strong presence. This opportunity will allow you to expand and develop your skillset whilst working on enterprise level projects while joining a Fortune 500 company who are a leading provider in financial protection offering a number of services across multiple areas. The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of the Cloud Agile team. As the Senior Engineer you will participate in the conceptualization, design, development and delivery of solutions within the business portfolio in conjunction with business area architects. This role offers an excellent benefits package.
• Leads the conceptualization, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
• Provides technical leadership and direction for EPIC features delivered
• Ensures application solution design conforms to agreed upon quality attributes such as performance, fault tolerance, etc.
• Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools.
• May complete the design of components of an application that supports and advances the reference architecture.
• Actively looks for solutions that are buy over build and are cloud based.
• Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
• Maintains depth of technical understanding of third party/cloud solutions and implementation of solutions.
• Evaluates technical impacts from and coordinates implementation of new product releases.
• Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
• Bachelors of Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
• 6+ years of experience in software development and delivery track record in a range or roles in a scrum environment
• 2+ years of development experience with AWS Services implemented Cloud Data Solutions.
• 4+ years of development experience with Java-Spring Boot, Node.JS express framework, dockers, EKS
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes. Having used Rancher, EKS in the past is a plus.
• Development experience with AWS API Gateway/Lambda/NoSQL-MongoDB
• Experience with code management tools and change control processes - Git/bitbucket
• Experience in Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CICD) tools - Jenkins/AzureDevops
• Strong experience of test-driven development (TDD) and unit testing, leveraging automation toolsets
• Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, and the ELK stack.
• Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
• Skilled in Agile development/methodologies
• Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem-solving and pays close attention to detail
• Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 12449531)