Senior Network Security Engineer
itContracting are currently seeking applicants on behalf of our client, an industry leading financial services and insurance provider, for a Senior Network Security Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in Carlow.
We are currently seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer to join our client’s team in Carlow, Ireland with focus on network segmentation, network access control, virtual private networks, and software-defined networking.
As a Senior Network Security Engineer, you will be working across multiple teams, internal network, security, cloud, and external suppliers, to understand networking connectivity and security requirements for upcoming projects.
Design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to implement network infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies.
Create network architectures and designs that are highly available and scalable for new systems and solutions to meet defined requirements.
- CCNP/CCIE Certification
- Experience with ACI, VXLAN and Datacentre networking design
- Experience with Arista Datacenter network switches
- Experience with load-balancing tools and techniques
- Experience with Palo Alto NextGen Firewalls, Global Protect and Prisma Access
- Experience with Forescout EyeSight (formerly CounterAct) and Cisco ISE
Principal Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with networking team to enhance security and reduce risk by implementing segmentation and tighter east-west traffic controls on the internal network while following strict security guidelines.
- Conducting network segment migration assessment, planning, and migration activities for varied application sets.
- Leverage automation solutions to speed up deployments and reduce management effort.
- Design and build network deployment templates for production, test, and acceptance connectivity.
- Creating network designs, implementation plans, operational documentation, and continual improvement.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 5+ years of IT experience in an operational role
- 3+ years of experience with networking engineering, with focus on network security (Macro/Micro segmentation, Network Access Control, Virtual Private Networks)
- AWS Certified Solution Architect, Associate or an AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialist
- Capable of working within a team and independently.
- Someone with strong problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers.
- Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams.
Our client and its family of businesses offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, world-class training and development, and a culture built on employee ideas. They are an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to person’s race, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family status, membership of the travelling community, gender or sexual orientation.
Apply now if you’re interested in working in an exciting and challenging environment for a company that is on the move!
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.