itContracting are currently seeking applicants on behalf of our client, an industry leading financial services and insurance provider, for a Senior Cloud Network Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in Carlow.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Network Engineer with focus on public cloud network connectivity, transit gateways and network security. The Senior Cloud Network Engineer will work with internal IT teams, external suppliers and customers to understand cloud networking requirements for upcoming projects, and will design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to implement cloud network infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies.
The successful candidate will create network architectures and designs that are highly available and scalable for new customers’ systems and solutions to meet defined requirements. They will also work across the company to deliver cloud network infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Work with networking teams to create cloud connectivity while following strict security guidelines. Leverage PaaS and SaaS solutions in the cloud where possible to reduce cost and complexity
- Conducting cloud migration assessment, planning and migration activities for varied application sets
- Evaluate and recommend potential cloud networking solutions for inclusion into customer cloud service offerings and application migration solutions
- Leverage automation solutions to speed up deployments and reduce management effort
- Design and build hybrid connectivity between on-prem and public clouds with advanced knowledge of interconnectivity options
- Manage Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure networking and systems/ environment management
- Support automation and orchestration through Jenkins and other automation engines to streamline tasks and complex processes
- Creating network designs, implementation plans, operational documentation and continual improvement of cloud network services
- Bachelors of Science degree
- 5+ years of IT experience in an operational role
- 3+ years of experience with cloud networking services i.e. AWS or Azure
- AWS Certified Solution Architect/ Associate, AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialist, Cisco CCNP/ CCIE certifications are extremely beneficial
- Familiar with “Infrastructure as Code” technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
- Capable of working within a team and independently
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
- Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams
- Experience with Cisco networking technologies
- Experience with ACI, VXLAN and Data Center networking design
- Experience with load-balancing tools and techniques
- Experience with Palo Alto NextGen Firewalls
- Experience with Ansible, Python, Kubernetes, Linux, VMware/vCenter
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.