ItContracting are seeking applications for a Senior QA Test Engineer, this is a permanent position based in Waterford.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Comfortable representing QA team and presenting to management.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Investigates new software tools & test frameworks that can be used by the QA team.
- Reviews test plans and test cases prepared by other QA team members to ensure good standards.
- Creates and maintains standard documents to be used by the QA team.
- Plan, design, implement & execute verification and validation tests and report bugs in a clear and concise manner.
- Manually test features that cannot be automated using scripted or non-scripted methods such as exploratory testing.
- Provide regression tests when functional changes are done.
- Design and develop automated functional and load tests.
- Work with projects manager and/or technical leads to define test requirements.
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile Environment to help create great features.
- Work to the best of your ability to meet project milestone dates.
- Provide solutions to design and implement automated tests.
- Identify areas for improvement to help make things better.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Candidate has achieved an honours degree in computer science/engineering or a related field.
- Excellent understanding of test engineering best practices, methodologies, and processes.
- 5+ years manual and 3+ years automated functional software test experience.
- Experience using with at least 1 testing framework or tool(i.e., Cucumber, Selenium, Appium, TestCafe, Cypress, Puppeteer etc)
- Experience testing Web APIs.
- Experience with Continuous Integration using Jenkins (or similar tools).
- Experience with source control systems such as Git.
- Experience testing Android mobile applications.
- Good understanding of relational database structure and design. Comfortable creating SQL queries.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Paul Evans ( +353 1 2187769 or paul dot evans at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.