Due to continued expansion of Evros Technology Group we are now seeking to recruit an experienced Helpdesk Engineer (Level 1) that endeavours to become an integral part of our Managed Services Team, working in an evolving and exciting dedicated team onsite with our customer in Dublin.
The successful candidate will work on and receive exposure to different technologies, Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Citrix, Cloud (Azure), as well as the latest Microsoft applications & solutions
The Helpdesk Engineer will be responsible for supporting a number of key business systems and their supporting infrastructure. They will work within an established service operations team, interfacing with the 2nd line Operation, Infrastructure and Development teams to support our customers end uses.
- Support a busy service desk for incident and request fulfilment as first line support
- Escalate issues to L2/Senior Administrators
- Ensure all systems are supported and available on a 24/7 basis
- Ensure all systems are patched and protected with Antivirus
- Ensure these security infrastructure is up to date and report on any issues
- Manage vendors engaged to assist with the root cause analysis of issues
- Backfill existing resources in service operations area as required
- Liaise with project, testing and operations teams
- Work closely with the DBA and Development teams to support production systems
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
Essential Key Requirements
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in support role in IT Helpdesk/Customer Service
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Windows Server operating systems 2003/2008/2012 and also support of all aspects of Windows based desktop operating systems
- Citrix Xenapp support experience.
Desirable Key Requirements
- Knowledge of basic backup technologies, Citrix and VMware would be an advantage
- Release management and change control processes
- Network monitoring of Microsoft platforms ( Microsoft Systems Centre 2012R2)
- System patching of Microsoft platforms (Microsoft SCCM 2012R2)
- Helpdesk management systems (Manage Engine/ JIRA)
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Team player
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Kate Maher or Michal Gawronski in the Evros Technology Group directly.
Evros is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.