itContracting are currently seeking applicants on behalf of our client, a leading technology provider of digital transportation and smart mobility solutions, for a Systems Administrator. This is a daily-rate contract position (with potential to transition to a permanent role) based with our client in Dublin West.
The Systems Administrator sits within our client’s Technical Services team, and is responsible for working closely with the Service Desk team to ensure all escalated technical issues are logged to the technical services case logging platform and involves troubleshooting and resolving these issues. The goal is to ensure all operations systems can operate on an efficient and constant basis without any technical outages.
The role involves collaboration with all other technical services team members to get a resolution. It will also involve getting 3rd party operators to assist with root cause and resolution of these issues. Therefore, being able to manage the 3rd parties in an efficient and effective manner is a requirement of the role.
A constant theme of the Technical Services team is to deliver a quality service in a friendly manner to everyone that requests technical service. This means that all team members need to own and be responsible for their actions for all cases assigned to them. For escalated issues they will continue to follow this case to resolution and work with the end user with timely updates.
Once the aptitude is there, it is encouraged to step outside one’s comfort zone to learn and implement new technologies. A strong support environment is always at hand to advise and direct as and when required.
The successful candidate will be required to participate in the on-call rota to provide out-of-hours support one week out of every four. On-call allowance will be provided for any overtime work required during this period.
- Design and Implement technical solutions across the technical environment
- Provide IT technical support, administration and maintenance of the systems and technologies
- Carry out daily maintenance tasks and checks
- Monitor all the components of the system and intervene when required
- Manage the level one maintenance subcontractors ensuring incidents are corrected within SLA
- Perform root-cause analysis and fault isolation related to infrastructure issues and outages and data issues
- Diagnose and resolve problems of medium complexity in coordination with the Technical Services team
- Deploy, install and configure the components of the system infrastructure on an ongoing basis
- Adhere to established maintenance processes
- Manage multiple SQL servers and databases
- Monitor and optimize database using native and 3rd party tools
- Participate in the on-call rota
- Ability to work out of hours if requirement to meet system operational constraints
- Manage the update and configuration of all documentation:
- Network diagrams
- Data diagrams outlining
- Offer technical support to compliance issues in particular PCI, ISO27001, GDPR
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar Systems Administrator or Senior Technical Support role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in a Computer Science related field is a plus
- Industry certifications are extremely beneficial
- Service – speedy response and constant customer updates
- Customer – internal end-users and external stakeholders/ 3rd party providers
- Ownership – Individuals and team own the delivery of the service
- Responsibility – individuals take responsibility for their actions
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016
- SQL 2008 – 2017
- MS Exchange 2003/2010/2013/ Office 365
- Virtualisation environments of VMWare or Hyper-V
- Thin client configurations, Citrix configuration
- Domain configurations, AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO
- Windows Software Update Services
- LAN WAN configurations and troubleshooting
- Disaster recovery solutions (Hyper-V replication, Azure Site Recovery, Veaam replication)
- System/domain migrations/upgrades
- Cisco, Checkpoint or SonicWALL firewall configuration and troubleshooting
- Backend IP Telephony environment
- Virtual environments
- Telephony solutions
- Web solutions
- Mobile app solutions
- Application solutions
- Mobility solutions
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.