Technical Sales Engineer
Our client are distributors of material science and non-destructive testing (NDT) equipment and products, located in Dublin.
They are currently looking to recruit a Technical Sales Engineer with both a customer service and business development focus to promote and sell for our client.
The successful candidate will be office based for approximately the first two months and a combination of both office and field based thereafter. The induction and training process will involve spending time with the outgoing technical sales representatives and learning from them.
Handheld XRF (x-ray fluorescence)
Benchtop OES (optical emission spectroscopy)
Existing customer base
* Business development and management of existing video borescope (remote visual inspection), handheld XRF (x-ray fluorescence) and OES (optical emission spectroscopy) customer base.
* Actively using sales history data to identify potential sales/complementary products/missing product supplies.
* Identifying opportunities to increase product sales and cross sell where possible.
* Develop and build strong customer relationships with existing and potential clients within the industry.
* Utilising CRM/ERP platform data with metrics for each of the product ranges for weekly/monthly analysis and reporting of sales.
* Supporting and liaising with the Sales Manager to enhance the sales process.
* Applying market and technical knowledge to offer effective solutions for customers.
* Technical consultant and training on equipment
* Develop a Prospecting Plan to grow customer base identifying solutions to target new customers.
* Develop independent prospecting of opportunities that will drive new revenue.
* Implement plans and activities (projects) to achieve year on year growth.
* Increase annual sales from responsible product groups.
* Identify and action opportunities to increase sales.
* Be a key stakeholder in the promotion and launching of new products and service offering
* Growth & marketing strategies.
* Good chemistry knowledge needed for handheld XRF
* Good technical knowledge of aerospace/pharmaceutical/material science/NDT
* Demonstrated commercial awareness of sales and marketing environments.
* Demonstrated ability to grow existing markets and develop new customers accounts.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Proactive, self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
* Excellent computer proficiency, in particular Microsoft Office, familiarisation with CRM/ERP.
* Follow a sales process
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 919878FK
Role: Technical Sales Engineer
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent