Software Engineer - New Product Development
Our client is a science and technology focused company, leading several industry sectors in research, design and innovation through chemistry, engineering and academic research.
They are looking for a software engineer to join the team.
* Draft/develop software requirement specifications for the discipline based on high-level market requirements.
* Deliver/support with any Proof of Concept work, focusing on any uncertain design aspects/features.
* Develop product concepts taking inputs from the multidisciplinary team.
* Develop detailed design outputs, including software code and release notes.
* Draft software test protocols as part of design verification activities, execute any testing as necessary, and produce test reports.
* Interface to and support the R&D division as & when necessary.
* Manage change control within the product lifecycle.
* Identify design improvements and value engineering opportunities.
* Participate in field deployments of prototype/pilot devices, which may include some ad-hoc travel.
* Attend design reviews and project technical progress meetings.
* Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, including key suppliers, test houses, industry and academic partners/collaborators.
* Engage in appropriate training and development opportunities.
* Candidates must have a primary degree in which software engineering is a significant component.
* Prior experience with software/firmware development for embedded systems (preferably STM based) is a must.
* Having experience with all of the following would be an advantage; Cloud-based solutions, IoT platforms, wireless communication technologies, database (SQL) & dashboard development, object-oriented programming, unit testing and data analytics as well as familiarity with software versioning and repository tools (e.g. Git) and software bug tracking tools.
Candidates will be assessed on the following competencies:
* Understanding the NPD Environment - Demonstrates the ability to take a product concept or prototype to full commercialisation (transfer to production), including verification of design outputs and validation to market requirements.
* Communicating - Demonstrates the ability to communicate project status updates and actively participate in design reviews.
* Managing & Leadership skills - Demonstrates the potential to manage development projects.
Nice to Have(s):
* Any prior experience in developing sensors for environmental analysis, particularly in-situ monitoring, would be an advantage.
Reference No.: 919877FK
Role: Software Engineer
Location: Co. Carlow
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent