Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 11 December 2020.
The IT manager provides leadership to the day to day operation, support, development, installation, and delivery of technology products and services within the department or business unit. The IT manager is further responsible for the identification and development of talent and for managing performance to ensure business goals and objectives are met, if not exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Monitor the performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Help define IT service delivery strategy, key performance indicators, and processes.
- Mentor, develop, and upskill IT support analyst team to provide enhanced support and reliable service.
- Analyse service and/or solution requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Manage and assess vendors and develop relationships to optimise value and service.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT.
- Asset management, budget and allocation.
- ITIL service delivery management.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, information systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Nine years of IT experience with two to five years of experience working in IT operations.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritise.
- A firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the needs of UPMC in Ireland develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the company.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.