Senior Network Engineer (Projects)
Location: Remote (possible occasional visits to our clients Irish sites may be required at short notice)
Contract Type: Day-rate for our enterprise client with multiple international locations
- The senior network projects engineer will form a vital part of the Network & Technical Security Team and will report to the Network Architect.
- The team works very closely with managed-service partners and key vendors for network and security services.
- The network team support a global network spanning 134 global locations and with varying site-types, from production plants to warehouses to corporate offices.
- There are Dublin-based and US-based datacentre locations at the core of the network, providing a highly resilient network environment.
- This level of resilience and redundancy is driven throughout the organisation's communications networks.
- The network must support transmission of business-critical applications, internet and cloud services.
- The Network team collaborate closely with other internal infrastructure teams who manage the above services, ensuring the network delivers these applications to a high standard of performance.
Role Summary & Responsibilities
- Technical Lead in global and local network & security deployment projects to ensure smooth delivery of network installations and to deliver to best-in-class agreed network & security standards
- Deliver network & security solutions to the internal business units to deliver value to the business
- Vendor management within a managed-service environment is a key part of the role, reporting of key SLAs and KPIs and driving the Network & Security Service Partners to deliver to those metrics and provide a high level of customer experience
- Liaise with network managed-service partner to ensure high standard of delivery of management & maintenance of 900+ network devices globally
- Liaise with Security managed-service partners to ensure high standard of delivery of management of firewall devices, both internal and perimeter
- Document solution proposals using best-practice delivery of highly resilient networks
- Provide level 3 network support to our clients Global Service Desk on internal customer network issues relating to LAN, WLAN, WAN, VPN & firewall filtering
Previous Experience and Skill-level
- Previous experience with managed-service partners, vendor management & service delivery
- Excellent communicator with ability to communicate ideas & solutions very well both to senior management, key stakeholders, internal customers, to other team members, to Servicedesk
- Self-motivated self-starter with strong organisational skills & ability to prioritise tasks well
- Strong experience in enterprise routing, switching & Wireless LAN & network security - Cisco
- Strong working knowledge of Checkpoint & Cisco firewall design and network security protocols: Firewall ACLs, NAT, IPSec site to site VPNs, SSL VPNs, encryption levels, hashing algorithms
- Vast experience troubleshooting enterprise network issues and application of realistic solutions within the context of the business
- Good working knowledge of fibre-optic cabling, structured cabling systems, electrical power and best practices
- Experience with reporting and delivery of SLAs & KPIs
- Ability to document and illustrate network proposals and solutions in articulate manner
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.