IT Support Engineer (Graduate & Junior)
The IT Support Engineer is responsible for supporting and maintaining the customer’s software systems. They are required to respond to any client’s IT issues or requests within the agreed service level agreement time. This role is with an Irish owned & managed, award-winning software consultancy.
You need to have strong knowledge of computers and how they operate, which includes having a broad understanding of hardware and software, operating systems and basic computer programming.
Note: You must have a full Irish driver license for this role
Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer Role:
• Manage any patching or upgrades to applications.
• Installing Specific Software applications and SQL.
• Installing hardware (Printers,Scanners) and software systems
• Troubleshooting a variety of computer issues
• Offering technical support on-site, remotely or via phone or email
• Training clients in any software applications used (including GP practice management software)
• Maintain documentation of technical maintenance procedures carried out
• Maintain Customer accounts, Quoting, invoicing and software licensing
• Demoing any software applications.
Required Skills and Experience for the IT Support Engineer Role:
• Skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting Software Applications.
• Third level qualification in a relevant subject OR 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience.
• Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches and have working knowledge of modern networking devices and printers.
• Expert user of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
• Able to configure VPN and server/client side hardware and software
• Known for working efficiently without supervision (f) Committed to learn and relate technical concepts promptly
• Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
• Familiar with active directory security and policies
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and subnets
#ITSUPPORT #TECHSUPPORT #GRADUATESIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)