My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. They are currently on the lookout for a Release Engineer to join their team based in Dublin 2. As a Release Engineer you will be responsible for designing & supporting the deployment frameworks within the Release Management team.
• Run the build, test and release processes for the suite of services owned by the team and ensure these progress through the different stages up to production release.
• Respond to and resolve unexpected issues with these processes and implement improvements to prevent issue recurrence.
• Support integration of new technologies in line with the evolution of our technology environments; supporting bi-weekly development release and support out of hours release monthly. Some additional out of hours support may be required.
• Identify inefficiencies in these processes and implement improvements.
• Manage the configuration of these services post-release, ensuring availability and scalability
• Developing a library of tools for automating manual workflows in deployment processes, dashboards and reports to quantify the success of technology release cycles.
• Developing & maintaining close interpersonal and professional work relations with internal clients, partners & peers is a key part of this role.
• Partnering with the development teams to test / integrate new deployment processes and strategies to meet our future release requirements is also a part of this role.
Skills and experience:
• 4+ years of experience preferably in release and deployment management with working knowledge of Release Management principles, procedures, and techniques as well as an ability to create Release Metrics Automation to produce leadership reports Knowledge of the experience in the software development process
• Experience with QA processes, commercial test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests
• Proven track record Managing high query volumes from multiple business stakeholders with in SLA
• Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent.
• Proven Temenos R17 and above experience
• CI/CD Automation Tools expertise – Git bit-bucket, Ansible, etc.
• UNIX / Linux- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.6 (and above)
• Assist where necessary to provide TAFJ platform knowledge support
• Shell Scripting and Pl/SQL script
• Experience in Financial sector an advantage
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)