Senior AWS Developer
We have a unique opportunity to join a well-established Global leader with a strong presence. This opportunity will allow you to expand and develop your skillset whilst working on enterprise level projects while joining a Fortune 500 company who are a leading provider in financial protection offering a number of services across multiple areas. The AWS developer will be a key member of the Cloud Agile team. As the Senior Aws Engineer you will participate in the conceptualization, design, development and delivery of solutions within the business portfolio in conjunction with business area architects. This role offers an excellent benefits package.
• Provides technical leadership and direction for EPIC features delivered
• Ensures application solution design conforms to quality attributes such as performance, fault tolerance, etc.
• Ensures that solutions delivered by self or team members are secure and scalable, comply with defined standards and best practices.
• Actively looks for solutions that are buy over build and are cloud based.
• Ensures product backlog has appropriate technical stories and participates in their prioritization
• Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
• Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Technical Product Owner and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress
• Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement
• Demonstrates an interest in software architectures and seeks to design solutions in alignment with Company stated architecture and standards
• Participate in Proof Of Concept work and prototyping when necessary
• Bachelors of Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
• Passionate about delivering solutions with a high standard of delivery
• 6+ years’ experience in software development and delivery track record in a range or roles in a scrum environment of which 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud using AWS stack and tools as described below
• Contact Center industry experience
• Experience building integrations across WFM, CRM, Unified Communications, and contact center solutions
• Experience in AWS core services, Linux, Docker and Amazon EKS
• Experience in AWS CLI and AWS SDK, writing Infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation, writing IAM Roles using AWS security best practices
• Experience with monitoring solutions such as Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial etc
• Experience in multiple programming languages, including Python, C# or Java
• Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
• Experience in building and maintaining cloud-native applications
• Experience in using Serverless Services on AWS, including AWS Lambda, AWS SAM etc
• Any AWS certification is a plus
• Experience in delivering new initiatives and comfortable to work in green field environment
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)