* Design - working with Product Management, Project Management and end user stories on
* new product design architecture.
* Development - taking designs and making them happen. Writing and testing code using
* strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and
* Building high volume platforms - linking millions of users worldwide at the same time.
* Quality Assurance - developing test cases in line with best practice methodology.
* Project Environment - Working in a cross-functional agile team to develop features with
* collaboration across the software stacks.
Qualifications and Skill set:
* 3-5+ years Linux / C programming skills experience required along with a relevant 3rd level qualification.
* Proven experience developing and debugging multi-threaded systems.
* Understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems and programming environments.
* Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to demonstrate logical troubleshooting steps
* when working on software bugs
* A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough
* knowledge of best practices and new technologies.
* Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
* Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
* Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
Further skills which are desirable … and will be developed in this role:
* Linux Kernel and/or driver development
* Unit Test driven development
* Bluetooth classic or BLE development
* Experience with GSM AT Commands / Modem integration
* CAN Bus experience
* Sensor integration
* Development and debug of firmware such as u-boot