We are looking for talented Data Centre Engineers for a leading financial company based in Amsterdam.
They have Data Centres based all over the world with their Data Centre based n Amsterdam. They believe a well-planned and well-orchestrated cabling and racking infrastructure is just as important as well-engineered trading software.
We are looking for an Engineer who has a drive for improvement and a want to bring new ideas to the table always considering what and why they are doing a particular action. Deep thinking is critical for the role and seeking out new ideas in order to keep the company at a technical advantage. This is a chance to take ownership of the physical part of our trading infrastructure across multiple data centres and thousands of servers, all the while striving for simplicity and operational excellence.
You will be in charge of maintaining our co-locations and on-site data centre, including but not limited to the following:
* Installing and cabling switches, servers, and appliances in our onsite data centre
* Replacing hard drives/memory/transceivers and other hardware related tasks as required by our server and network teams
* Getting equipment to and from remote colocations including packing/shipping
* Facilitating installation of servers and network equipment with smart hands in remote co-locations
* Managing power and space including monitoring and capacity planning
* Maintaining a consistent and clean cable management philosophy
* Managing equipment inventory
* Assisting with planning moves or new build-outs
* Build out and maintaining our office infrastructure environment, including our trading floor
Wat are we looking for?
* Experience working in a modern, large-scale data centre
* Attention to detail and cleanliness
* Ability to identify basic parts of network equipment - SFPs, line cards, chassis
* Ability to identify basic parts of servers - memory, network card, hard drives
* Knowledge of structured cabling systems using cat 5, cat 6, multi-mode and single-mode fiber
* Strong experience around improving latency and understanding latency from an Engineers perspective
* Familiarity with both power and communications cabling standards
* Experience configuring and using cable testers for both fiber and copper to troubleshoot cabling issues
* An understanding of change control processes
* Strong documentation and logistics mentality
What's in it for you?
You will work in an energetic and collaborative work culture with ambitious and talented Data Centre colleagues. There is a great salary and excellent benefits (including a very attractive bonus structure, excellent training opportunities, pension, health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, you will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best, both personally and professionally. We also provide relocation assistance