itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a Senior Network Security Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
The purpose of this role is to drive compliance, security and risk management to ensure that our client’s IT functions can support the business objectives of the wider group in a secure and confident manner. The Senior Network Security Engineer will oversee security and networking policy, standards and project implementations, consistent with local, regional and global strategy.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Networks as part of Security Networks Delivery team, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the design and deployment of new network security devices, and maintaining the stability, availability and system lifecycle of all key security devices in region, while also responding to incident escalation requirements from security tools and supporting SOC functions in the region.
This position may require occasional travel our client’s division headquarters/ corporate centre (Dublin City Centre) and other regional or conference locations; travel will typically not exceed 5%.
- Plan, analyse and design security and network systems including network monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, identity management, access control etc.
- Initiate upgrades to security and network systems as necessitated by technology availability, security gaps, emerging threats, business needs etc.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of security services across the organisation
- Ensure security by design principles
- Network solutions design and implementations administration and monitoring
- Firewall policy creation
- Firewall base line security
- Monitoring and response device health
- Threat prevention counter measures review
- Provide proactive fault management and vendor engagement
- DDI management/ DNS, DHCP and IP address management (IPAM)
- Perimeter hygiene
- Assist in cyber security investigations
- 5+ years’ professional experience managing enterprise network security environments, including 2 years of experience administrating in-house and/or cloud-based security solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred but not required
- Vendor specific certifications are preferred, but not required, including:
- Qualified Palo Alto Management to PCNSE6
- Qualified CISCO ASA Firewall Management to CCNP standard
- Qualified Checkpoint CCSA standard
- Qualified or working towards certifications like CISSP or CISA
- ITIL v3 preferable but not essential
- Knowledge managing NG firewalls both physical and virtual
- Knowledge managing remote users access, in particular Palo Alto Prisma Access (GPCS) platform
- In-depth knowledge of network security architecture
- Good understanding of IT security practices, methodologies, tools mechanisms and trends
- Solid background in data networks and routing protocols
- Good team player and excellent communication skills
- Self-starter who can lead major initiatives and mentor less experienced teammates
- Ability to communicate and write high quality reports in English
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.