Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 20 November 2020.
Intermediate Systems Engineer
UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve moderately complex end-user support issues with the assistance of more senior-level team members.
- Complete assigned project-related tasks with limited guidance.
- Responsible for time tracking and updating documentation.
Troubleshooting and Critical Thinking
- Independently resolve basic issues.
- Shows the ability to offer input on issue resolution.
Core Technology Concepts
- Responsible for understanding of moderately complex technologies and their use.
- Demonstrates initiative to learn and expand upon knowledge.
Maintenance and Upgrades
- Follow documented procedures for maintenance and upgrades.
- Assist senior team members with upgrade and maintenance plans.
- Responsible for assisting with disaster recovery plan.
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day-to-day work and projects.
Interaction with Others
- Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach.
- Works in collaboration with the team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts.
- Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary.
- Mentors less experienced staff.
- Responsible for continuous self-study, training, partnering with more senior members of the team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends.
- Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of experience with complex systems environments through education or practical experience.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.