Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 20 November 2020.
Senior Systems Engineer
UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve complex end-user support issues independently.
- Responsible for assisting less experienced staff with end-user support issues.
- Responsible for ensuring there is a resolution or that the end-user is connected with the appropriate resources for issues resolution.
- Complete assigned project-related tasks independently.
- Responsible for time tracking and updating documentation.
- Lead small to medium-sized projects.
- Collaborate with other technical teams, as appropriate, for successful completion of projects.
- Participate in POC evaluations.
Troubleshooting and Critical Thinking
- Independently resolve issues.
- Offer input on issue resolution and mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution.
Core Technology Concepts
- Responsible for understanding of complex technologies and their use.
- Demonstrates initiative to learn about current and future technologies.
Maintenance and Upgrades
- Develops maintenance and upgrade plans with the assistance of lead or expert.
- Responsible for maintenance and upgrades.
- Responsible for assisting with disaster recovery plan.
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day-to-day work and projects.
Interaction with Others
- Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach.
- Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts.
- Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary.
- Mentors less experienced staff.
- Responsible for continuous self-study, training, partnering with more senior members of the team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends.
- Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours.
- Typically has five or more years’ experience with complex systems environments through education or practical experience.
- Mastery of standard IT procedures and protocols. Shows the ability to lead junior team members while enforcing compliance of procedures and protocols.
- This position may be required to maintain a 24/7 off-hours support as part of a rotation within the team.
- The frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.