Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist – email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 20 November 2020.
Associate Information Security Analyst
UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete documentation and flow charting of system builds and maintain the team’s existing documentation.
- Demonstrates the ability to extract and document customer and business requirements and needs for use by the enterprise architecture and engineering teams (network, system, and software), under the guidance of senior team members.
- Review and validate existing processes.
Application Upgrades and Implementations
- Responsible for activities related to application upgrades and implementations.
- Review and validation of functionality and reporting of issues.
- Identify new functionality and hardware requirements as assigned.
- Ability to create test plans.
- Responsible for individual assigned tasks and validation of testing with system integration.
- Ability to modify existing test plans.
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
Interactions with Others
- Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach.
- Works in collaboration with the team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts.
- Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary.
- Responsible for continuous self-study, training, partnering with more senior members of the team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organisational trends.
- Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours.
Second and Third Level Support (Including Maintenance Activities)
- Ability to triage support issues and escalate accordingly.
- Partner with team members to troubleshoot support issues.
- Contribute to project tasks and milestones typically under the direction of the project manager or more experienced team members.
- Update all project management and time tracking tools accordingly.
SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Have a fundamental knowledge of the system and application development life cycle.
- Data confidentiality and security.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times.
- Maintain data quality at all times.
- Interact with vendors (technical issues, project initiatives) under the direction of more experienced team members, as necessary.
Report Writing and Analysis
- Ability to write, analyse and make basic modifications to reports under the direction of more senior team members.
- Review and conduct gap analysis on existing training documentation.
- Partner with more experienced team members to observe end-user training sessions.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an information security environment.
- Degree level education or equivalent with relevant professional qualification such as CISSP, CISM, or CRISC is desirable.
- Familiarity with modern technology and application support through education or practical experience.
- Highly driven and self-motivated to meet expectations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of information technology fundamental tools and concepts (SDLC) of one of the information technology professional disciplines and applies that understanding to make independent practical contributions to IT work within a UPMC department or function.
- Completes on-going training on-the-job, through courses, self-study, certifications and/or advanced degrees to maintain and enhance technical and business capabilities.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.