Please send a letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Aoife Power, HR Generalist, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 20 November 2020.
Intermediate Business Analyst
UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain proficiency in the company’s software-as-a-service solutions, implementation methodologies, and core technologies.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and business acumen is required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application, technical, and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and, subject matter experts.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the product development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with product analysts, developers, and subject matter experts to represent the voice of the customer, the product vision, and analyse tradeoffs between usability, performance needs, and development costs.
- Ensure the final application meets the requirements.
- Where required, be a liaison between the business (customer voice), product analysts, technology teams, and support teams.
- Gather requirements using interviews, data analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analytic methodology, task, and workflow analysis.
- For new clients, the business analyst will support the sales process to ensure that the scope defined is properly framed and communicated with the customer ahead of contract as documented in the scope of work. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Cleary identified deliverables, division of work, project milestones, reporting requirements, and success criteria.
- Identification of additional professional service opportunities with clients. Identifies project risks, assumptions, constraints, and reviews these findings with customer and implementation teams.
- Gather and analyse customer data to build a sustainable path to value for our customers, including success criteria, opportunities for improvement, and key performance indicators.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: business cases, business requirements document, customer use cases and acceptance criteria.
- Utilise your experience to understand enterprise-wide requirements and management systems.
- Develop work process mapping methodologies as required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under the direction of project managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related business field (computer science, information systems, etc.) or comparable master’s degree and/or experience.
- Three to six years’ professional experience in a business analyst role.
- Operates semi-independently with project direction from lead supervisor two to three times per week.
- Interacts with others in an open, honest, collaborative, and reliable manner.
- Able to contribute to interactive group development sessions.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.