Senior System Administrator (Windows Server & VMware)
Location: Dublin South
Job Type: Immediate 6-month day-rate Contract (likely to extend beyond or maybe become permanent)
itContracting are currently taking applications for a Senior System Administrator.
- Experience managing a Microsoft Windows Server enterprise environment
- Experience managing a VMware enterprise environment
- Active Directory management and maintenance
- Datacentre environment experience, onsite and remote management
- IIS configuration and management
- Managing environments hosting multiple SQL Server deployments
- Enterprise Storage
- Monitor operating software and associated components
- Good communication skills working with the business/development organizations
- Lead technology discussions at a high level with Infrastructure Technology leads, Architects, subject matter experts in varying aspects of technology stacks.
- You will have oversight and provide in-depth knowledge of High Availability, Disaster recovery, diagnostics & forensics, troubleshooting aspects, vulnerability management, patching, incident management, problem management, change management and project management in a technology role
- Act as an escalation point for technical issues pursuant within the Technology Services team and lead Performance troubleshooting and capacity planning efforts
- Effectively manage work efforts and critical activities from external service providers, such as datacenter and network providers, as well as internal technology teams, through resolving issues and appropriately escalating to ensure activities stay on track
- Work with system hardware vendors for ongoing support issues, release schedules, and general system administration issues.
- Support development and professional services teams in system environments designed for product development, solution configuration, customer user acceptance testing, and QA testing
- Work with development teams to define, architect and deploy Linux-based tools to support development, QA, UAT, and professional services team's requirements
- Ability to align with and directly service internal business units and external clients and interact with business unit executives and project management to communicate operational status, key project status, and business value of services produced.
- Support out-of-hours weekday or weekend issues or events
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to manage costs and programs to budgets developed in conjunction with senior leadership. Ability to innovate and constantly improve costs in the interests of the business.
- Manage IT spend to effectively meet enterprise IT objectives, architectural standards, and support requirements within the constraints of operational and project budgets
- Work with the IT teams to ensure the needs of infrastructure are prioritized and aligned with both enterprise and business plans
- Maintain alignment with the business technology architecture and overall strategic goals and objectives
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regard to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.