NOC Engineer - Tier 1 Team Lead
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an NOC Engineer - Tier 1 Team Lead by a leading Communications Group for their Limerick office. The role will involve overseeing all activities of the tier 1 team in the NOC and ensuring they achieve department goals. They will strive to continuously monitor and improve the team's performance by providing training, identifying & implementing improvements and evaluating service delivery. The role is an integral part of the NOC management team and must ensure all actions lead to delivering improved customer satisfaction. They will report to the NOC Manager.
* Be an active member of the NOC Service Delivery team by supporting overall goals to achieve realistic outcomes.
* Actively leads all Tier 1 team members by taking responsibility of the work Rota, time keeping and attendance, managing shift rotation, and ensuring on-call and management escalation Rota is always up-to date.
* Take responsibility for ensuring staff cover in the case of absenteeism. Adhere and follow the company's absence procedures and provide support to team members following an absence.
* Responsible for the performance management of the Tier 1 team by carrying out performance reviews, assigning objectives/targets in conjunction with NOC Manager and ensuring all targets are achieved.
* Manage underperformance in collaboration with NOC Manager and HR.
* Ensure strict confidentiality in all matters concerning the team supported by the NOC Manager.
* Evaluate and support the implementation of best practice policy and procedures within the NOC including the policies and procedures of the company and operate within the policies and procedures of the service delivery in all aspects of your work.
* Promote dignity at work and show respect to the people we support, colleagues and stakeholders in the course of work performance.
* Responsible for managing and resolving all Tier 1 tickets and updating NOC Manager of same.
* Responsible for monitoring, managing, and improving Tier 1 KPIs performance and ensuring SLAs are met, such as
o 1st response to ticket
o 4 hours to site
o Tickets resolved by tier 1
* Identify and implement actions to improve performance
* Provide support, manage and resolve problems within the team when appropriate.
* Facilitate team building and staff motivation.
* Participate in the identification, development and delivery of education, training, and development programmes for staff.
* Provide training and continuous refresher training to all existing and new NOC 1 teams. Analysis any training needs with a view to CPD.
* Maintain and update the Training Plan for NOC Tier 1 team to ensure training needs are identified.
* Responsible for ensuring the tier 1 team adhere to Incident Management procedures, troubleshooting checklists and escalation processes and methods
* Manages the prioritization of the tier 2 case queue
* Ensure planned works notifications are issued on time and operators are informed at start and end of works
* Managing FLM dispatches and adherence to Work Order process
* Drive NOC transformation activities that impact Tier 1 resources and processes
- The role holder will be educated to degree level or a minimum of 3 - 4 years networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- CCNA certification or similar industry recognized IP/Ethernet certification is preferable but not essential and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Supervisory experience of technical resources.
- A reliable team leader who as the ability to multitask and work on their own initiative.
- Technical support/service desk experience and/or previous NOC experience is required.
- General understanding of telecoms transmission/networking principles.
- Knowledge of ITIL desirable.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- An awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Eligible to work in Ireland