Principal Business Analyst – Excellent Career Opportunity
A rare opportunity to join a Fortune 500 company who are a leading provider in financial protection offering several services across multiple areas. The Business Analyst will work with cross functional teams, you will be required to take initiative and prioritize the long-term business strategy. The business analyst will partake in brainstorming to develop ideas to create a roadmap for Enterprise Data.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of an annual or bi-annual capability roadmap for that domain consisting of the highest priority business deliverables
• Responsible for the realization of capabilities as features on product backlogs
• Collaborates with cross functional teams.
• Co-ordinates or participates in tool, technology and service selection, risk assessments and sunsetting in conjunction with technical and business stakeholders ensuring consistency with existing business needs and architectural sustainability.
• Leads discussions with Business Analysts, Product Owners, Leaders of Agile Teams and the corresponding management and teams to ensure alignment of priorities. Helps team translate strategic themes and roadmaps to tangible deliverables which can become backlog items
• Promotes the development of a strong customer experience
• Provides coaching and mentoring for Senior Business Analysts and Business Analysts and ensures consistency of business analyst artifacts and quality of business analysis. Develops and presents business cases for high level initiatives for approval, funding and prioritization
• Takes responsibility for Business strategy for that domain through analysis and ensures that feature definitions will deliver the capabilities identified on the short to midterm roadmap
• Collaborates with Test Engineers to define and articulate capability acceptance criteria
• May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team
• Bachelor’s degree required, relevant professional qualification or acceptable industry experience.
• 8+ years of demonstrated Business Analysis experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to translate business strategy into business capability roadmaps.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills
• Strong team player; able to lead and work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization
• Proven collaborative and negotiation skills with Technology and Business
• Able to deal with significant ambiguity and translate into more tangible outcomes
• Strong insurance or relevant industry experience
• Proven track record of success with business delivery (software solutions)
• Demonstrates a metrics and financial mindset to ensure ROI for business
• Certifications strongly encouraged
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)