Product Owner – Excellent Career Opportunity
A rare opportunity to join a Fortune 500 company who are a leading provider in financial protection offering a number of services across multiple areas. The Product Owner will lead an innovative section of the organization to simplify the client and customers experience. The product Owner will manage the scrum team delivery and create a roadmap driving delivery.
• Contributes to the creation of the company vision, setting the vision for the scrum team and leading tactical strategies to align programs and efforts to that vision.
• Leads self-development and the development of peers through sharing best practices.
• Leverages current and emerging market and technology trends relevant to the Company.
• Supports business case development by helping the business define how and when benefit realizations will be measured.
• Owns team backlog and responsible for building, editing, and managing it by engaging the product manager, agile team, stakeholders, and IT partners to ensure content and priority alignment with program backlog.
• Partners with business analysts and subject matter experts to elicit, capture, analyze, and refine needs for assigned features through user story writing and uses stories to build shared understanding and clarification of the need.
• Collaborates with architects, designers and agile team on technical solutions.
• Defines iteration goals and inspires the team to meet commitments by connecting goals to the broader program vision and the value of the work.
• Proven ability to lead a team
• Proven ability to assist in translating business needs to technology leaders.
• Exhibits strong leadership skills, including the ability to effectively partner, influence, motivate, think critically, challenge conventional thinking, and gather unique business insight to create competitive advantage for the organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills and track record of engaging with customers/ cross-functional stakeholders at all levels.
• Proven ability to help inform leaders in making difficult decisions.
• Demonstrates high levels of ownership and accountability.
• Demonstrates the ability to champion change and support teams through change.
• Ability to maintain fast pace, adequately consider alternatives, make tough calls, foster great teamwork, and have fun.
• Exhibits courage by taking smart risks and encourages others to do so.
• Demonstrates a foundational knowledge of associated technical disciplines.
• Ability to translate business strategy into business capability roadmaps.
• Able to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skill needs and gaps for continuous improvement of self and team.
• Demonstrated technical acumen
• Product Owner certification preferred
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)