Senior Service Desk Support Specialist
The Senior Service Desk Support Specialist will manage the day-to-day running and ensure the availability of the internal/cloud I.T. infrastructure. They will provide technical support and advice to users across multiple sites, platforms and technologies.
· Monitor the performance of systems and assist with the identification of potential issues and propose solutions
· Working across teams and closely with our customers, promote and deliver high quality technical and customer support.
· Provide remote support to users and solve problems to minimise system down-time and loss of productivity.
· Using support tools to manage and track tickets and customer issues.
· Escalating issues to management as appropriate.
· Manage set-up activities for small to medium scale deployments/projects.
· Complete simple /standard set-up activities for computers, printers, multifunction devices and other ICT systems in line with Service Level Agreements.
· Meeting ticket targets and quality standards
· Contribute to the development of reference/training materials to assist the team through maintenance of documentation on system configurations and technical processes.
· Maintain effective external relationships with vendors, consultants, and service providers; leveraging these relationships to ensure that the best fit solutions and resources are available to the company.
· Research and test new product offerings which may become part of our service offerings.
· The above description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, you may be required to perform other appropriate duties which may be assigned to you from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Relevant third level degree.
· Minimum 3-5 years industry experience in a similar role.
Technical Knowledge of the following:
· Microsoft 7,10
· MS Windows Server: 2008, 2012, 2016, 1019.
· MS exchange 2010 and above.
· Remote Desktop Server/Citrix Implementations.
· Networking- Managed Switches, VLAN's, Wireless Access Points, Routers, Bridging.
· Security - Firewalls (SonicWall, Fortinet,Cisco, Spam Filtering, Web Filtering , Endpoint Protection, Security Best Practices.
· Virtualisation - Hyper V & VMware.
· Cloud- Office 365, Azure, Azure AD.
· Backup setups such as ArcServe, Veeam, Symantec, CommVault, Azure Backup.
ABOUT PFH TECHNOLOGY GROUP
Founded in 1985, PFH is Ireland’s leading, indigenous Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Solutions Provider, supplying ICT based business solutions to our wide range of clients. We have unrivalled vendor relationships.
We can procure, design, deploy and support all you ICT needs via our specialist competency centres and ISO 20000/27001 24*7 certified support services. Our client base, of over 1,500 organisations, is served from our offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway. We employ over 450 people.