itContracing are currently seeking applications for a Front End Developer. This is can be a daily-rate contract or permanent position based onsite with our client in Carlow.
The Front End Developer will join our client’s Software Development team and be mainly responsible for the translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with our client’s UI/UX Designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
The successful candidate will combine the art of design with the art of programming with little to no oversight and exhibit a mastery of the application and technical skillset subject matter expertise for their area of responsibility, and will be able to accurately estimate work required to deliver features. The successful candidate will use critical thinking skills applied to solution design and implementation for the delivery of business value, and will be responsible for mentoring and training junior members of the Software Development team.
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that our client’s company website renders well across multiple devices
- Design a framework for creating user apps that grows with the needs of the company
- Monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify the issues optimizing maximum speed and scalability
- Develop new user-facing features and build reusable code and libraries for future use; able to complete complex feature development tasks
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back end
- Responsible for the design of user experience and user interface solutions for new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
- Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of user experience and user interface solutions
- Responsible for simplifying complex processes to create a customer-centric user experience
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of new interaction models, user task flows, and graphical user interface designs through usability testing and user research
- Design graphical user interfaces in alignment with company stated brand guidelines and standards
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to confirm understanding of business requirements from a user experience perspective and work with Developers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery
- Lead sizing and estimation activities within the Agile team
- Communicate daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking the progress
- Participate in sprint retrospectives, ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement
- Ensure an innovation culture in the team by continuous improvement of deliveries and participates in evaluating new processes that can be applied to future feature delivery
- Think with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- 2-4 years’ experience of SASS
- 2-3 years’ experience of Vue.js
- 3-4 years’ experience of JS Framework (e.g. KnockoutJS, AngularJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS)
- 4 years’ experience of accessibility and GIT/TFS or other version control
- 4 years’ experience of build tool experience (e.g. Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, npm) and experience in reading Photoshop/In Vision/Sketch
- Clearly demonstrates analytical ability and critical thinking skills
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Able to solve complex technical problems and drive system optimizations
- Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.