NOC Engineer - Tier 2
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an NOC Engineer - Tier 2 by a leading Communications Group for their Limerick office. The Network Operations Centre Engineer Tier 2 will provide 2nd line technical support for the Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs once not resolved at Tier 1 level.
* Provide 2nd line technical support for the Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs.
* Ensure customers are kept fully up to date with the status of notified incidents/queries as per SLAs
* Mentoring of 1st line technical support engineers.
* Provide timely completion of root cause investigations after fault scenarios.
* Planning and execution of network change activities such as network configuration changes, platform migrations, software upgrades
* Operational verification of new network infrastructure and platforms
* Facilities Management - oversee the ongoing maintenance of the facilities across the country
* Change management approval and scheduling
* Vendor/partner interaction and escalation handling
* Participation in company emergency callout Rota
* Additional duties as required
* In depth knowledge of DWDM/Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Wireless, preferably specialized in one with a good grounding in the others
* Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organizations.
* Good understanding of Co-location Build (Power, Aircon, batteries, BMS)
* Good understanding of transmission and routing & switching network principles, including service and network build experience in those platforms
* Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
* High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Eligibility to work in Ireland
* Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms - Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Juniper, Ceragon, Ciena, or Coriant (formerly Tellabs)
* Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and rollout.
* Cisco/Juniper/Nokia - IP/Ethernet certification
* Track record of successful technical project execution
* Familiarity with ITIL framework