Network & Security Engineer - Lisburn, Northern Ireland (Initially Remote Working)
£35,000 - £50,000, plus excellent benefits - Lisburn, Northern Ireland
My client a global innovative and revolutionary technology business seek an experienced Network & Security Engineer who wishes to join a dynamic IT team. This role requires a sound knowledge of networking technology, systems and information security along with the ability to support and implement operational policies and procedures as part of a complex distributed network.
The ideal Network & Security Engineer candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting and upgrading both the internal network and remote sites. This is a highly technical role and you will be responsible for providing networking support and design, while focusing on identifying vulnerabilities, collecting data, creating rules based on systems and securing networks from attacks. We are looking for candidates with a strong security background who can discover, analyse and address security issues, preform penetration testing, risk assessments and create secure network designs.
You will be working alongside the small, existing team but will be expected to bring additional knowledge and experience to aid the growth and expansion of the company.
Responsibilities for the Network & Security Engineer position:
* Planning, installing and configuring networking for high availability systems (physical and cloud).
* Planning, designing and creating storage, networking and other system components.
* Planning, designing and implementing disaster recovery plans.
* Analyse and determine security requirements, research information security standards, conduct vulnerability and risk assessments.
* Maintaining and monitoring network systems.
* Securing networks based on business requirements and ISO27001 standards.
* Evaluate new technologies for inclusion into the environment and the technology roadmap.
* Identification of IT improvement areas to reduce complexity and improve maintainability.
* Alignment of technology with business goals.
* Work with stakeholders to identify enterprise level solutions.
* Develop policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology systems within the company.
* Implement Cyber Security best practices.
* Participation in the on-call rotation schedule.
What you will need to succeed within the Network & Security Engineer role:
* A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a network & security engineer or equivalent.
* Experience with either web application security or network security.
* Good understanding of firewalls and common networking infrastructure.
* Knowledge of LAN, WAN management.
* Understanding of network storage and data centre technologies.
* Experience in creating governance policies which define new best practices and/or regulatory requirements while meeting business objectives and budgets.
* Ability to review and recommend technical, administrative and physical controls to mitigate risk.
* Excellent telephone manner. Some support will be provided over the phone.
Qualifications for the Network & Security Engineer position:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related degree.
Desirable for the Network & Security Engineer position:
* At least 3 years of experience designing / architecting networks.
* At least 5 years of experience of cyber security relating to networks.
* CCNA or CISSP qualifications or working towards these.
* Knowledge of ISO27001 standards and practices is highly desired.
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
* Experience working in a SCRUM environment...... click apply for full job details
Email me jobs like this