Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 20 November 2020.
Intermediate Systems Analyst
Under the general direction of the management team and senior staff, the intermediate systems analyst provides experienced analytical services, defining requirements, developing and/or maintaining computer applications and systems, and providing services to meet client IT and business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Application Upgrades and Implementation Review:
- Validate functionality of application upgrades and implementations.
- Report back on any problems.
- Identify new functionality and/or hardware requirements as assigned.
- Ability to create test plans.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times.
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Maintain data quality at all times.
- Complete documentation and flow charting of system builds and maintain team’s existing documentation independently.
- Responsible for validating current documentation.
- Extract and document customer and business requirements and needs for use by enterprise architecture and engineering teams (network, system, and software).
End User Training
- Create and review existing training documentation.
- Facilitate high-level user training sessions independently.
Interaction with Others
- Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach.
- Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts.
- Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary.
- Mentors less experienced staff.
- Create and update processes.
- Ability to contribute to process improvement efforts.
- Create and contributes to project tasks and milestones.
- Update all project management and time tracking tools accordingly.
- Ability to take full ownership of a project.
Report Writing and Analysis
- Write, analyse, and make modifications to reports either independently for basic requests or under the direction of more experienced team members for more complex requests.
SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Have an intermediate understanding of the application development life cycle.
- Ability to apply those principles to day-to-day work.
Second and Third Level Support (Including Maintenance Activities)
- Independently triage and resolve level 1 and level 2 support issues.
- Escalate level 3 support issues accordingly.
- Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends.
- Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours.
- Complete assigned tasks related to system integration.
- Validate testing.
- Ability to modify existing test plans.
- Interact with vendors (technical issues, project initiatives) under the direction of more experienced team members as necessary.
- Assist with issue escalation where applicable.
- Typically has two or more years’ experience with modern technology and application support through education or practical experience.
- Highly driven and self-motivated to meet expectations. Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of information technology fundamental tools and concepts (SDLC) of one of the information technology professional disciplines and applies that understanding to make independent, practical contributions to IT work within a UPMC department or function.
- Completes on-going training on-the-job, through courses, self-study, certifications, and/or advanced degrees to maintain and enhance technical and business capabilities.
- Additionally, this position may be required to maintain a stand-by status as part of a rotation within the team. This requires 24 hours per day, seven days per week availability during the stand-by period. The frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation.
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred. The ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Outreach Centre in Carlow, and UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield Hospital and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.