FRS Recruitment are delighted to announce a new Staff/ Lead Embedded Software Design Engineer role with our client a leading company in Dublin.
Role outline:The Staff/ Lead Embedded Software Design Engineer holds a critical position, responsible for providing software design, implementation, and testing of embedded software for medical devices to enable pharmaceutical drug delivery and connected health capabilities.
* Strong skills in C/C++ and software design for the embedded BLE and multi-processor applications with memory and timing constraints.
* Ability to analyze software written in Assembly language.
* Experience in device driver development on microcontrollers.
* Experience in development of BLE stacks on microcontrollers.
* Design experience in inter-processor communications using event driven State Machines and message synchronization.
* Strong knowledge in the software-hardware interface, digital electronic logics, System On Chip (SOC) of the common communication interfaces (e.g. RS232, RS485, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C) and System On Chip (SOC) programming
* Good knowledge in electromechanical controls, sensors and actuators.
* Familiar with Real Time Operating systems.
* Experience with creating development tests.
* Experience in the JTAG based debugging.
* Familiar with using the Digital Storage Scopes, Logic Analyzer, Functional Generators etc. to debug the system.
* Familiar with Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and implementation.
* Knowledge of software life cycle processes including IEC 62304
* Experience in design verification of Medical Device in an FDA-regulated environment is preferred.
* Actively mentor associates in related technical roles. Provide technical direction and frequent feedback. Participate and assist in their success.
* Strong technical engagement and partnership across R&D teams to define & optimize system integration and influence architectural design for products developed both internally and externally (including OEMs, contract development and joint-ventures)
* Cross-Functional Leadership & influence
* You will have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent, related post graduate degree an advantage.
* You will have 10-12+ years' experience in embedded software experience, medical industry preferred with demonstrated success developing software based electromechanical systems (sensing, communication and control) with working knowledge of complex algorithm and application development for digital health applications.
To apply for this exciting Staff/ Lead Embedded Software Design Engineer role, please click on the apply link to learn more information. Please also refer to friends! EU passport or stamp 4 required. Due to travel restrictions, candidates must already be based in Ireland.